HOUSTON VOLUNTEER LAWYERS STAFF ATTORNEY JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Houston Volunteer Lawyers, the pro bono service arm of the Houston Bar Association, is seeking a full-time staff attorney. Houston Volunteer Lawyers (HVL), the pro bono service arm of the Houston Bar Association, provides free civil legal services to low-income individuals who need assistance with criminal expunctions, family law, guardianship, estate planning, probate, tax disputes with the IRS, landlord/tenant disputes, homeownership, consumer issues, and bankruptcy matters. HVL looks to hire an attorney. This position requires a high degree of professionalism and self-motivation.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Deliver client-centered legal services to eligible Veterans and their dependents.
- Recruit and mentor pro bono attorneys who assist HVL clients.
- Develop partnerships to reach target individuals in need of free legal services.
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Juris Doctor and State Bar licensure in Texas, in good standing.
- Excellent time management & prioritization skills.
- Strong legal analysis skills, writing skills, and communication skills.
- Comfort with working with those in recovery at drug treatment centers, resource centers, and specialized courts.
- Ability to engage compassionately with individuals facing barriers accessing legal services.
- One-year litigation experience.
To Apply Submit a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.
Priority will be given to individuals who apply by February 6.
You may also apply on Indeed.
Annual Salary and Benefits
This position is a full-time position. Salary is $71,000 – $80,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, vision and dental insurance; a 401k defined contribution retirement plan; paid State of Texas Bar dues and Houston Bar Association dues, professional development training. HVL’s current policy is to permit its attorneys to work three days from the office and two days’ remotely.
Houston Volunteer Lawyers is committed to equal opportunity. HVL not discriminate against any person on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, ability, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other characteristics protected by law. Applicants committed to justice and equality from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and identities.