Due to the pandemic, all in-person legal clinics have been suspended and legal consultations are being conducted over the phone.
HVL is currently able to assist with:
- Veterans issues
- Tax-related issues
- Eviction and Housing issues
- Consumer-related issues
- Wills, Estate Planning, and Probate issues
- Legal issues for those living with HIV/AIDS
- Guardianship for Disabled Adults
- Criminal Record Expungement
- Juvenile Sealing Cases
If you are seeking legal assistance for any of the above legal issues, apply online HERE.
Updated 2/19/2021: We are at capacity and unable to accept applications for assistance with divorce, custody, visitation, or child support issues. If you submit an application for one of these legal issues, we will not be able to assist you at this time.
Please refer to the following resources for assistance:
- Texas Law Help www.texaslawhelp.org
- Texas Access and Visitation Hotline (866)292-4636 www.txaccess.org
- Texas Legal Services Center www.tlsc.org
HVL is unable to assist with criminal matters, traffic or citation related issues, car accidents or personal injury cases.
*Due to COVID-19 concerns, Houston Volunteer Lawyers' staff is currently working remotely. HVL's physical office is closed to all visitors.