Ideas and Incentives for Recruitment
- Meet & Greet Lunch for Members & Mentors - there is power in a community. Encourage everyone to come together - both committed and interested.
- Lead by Example Signing Party - challenge partners to serve as "Next-Level" Mentors and to "raise" members from their teams
- Networking Happy Hour - connect with an outside partner to host a happy hour for both yours and your partners' members and mentors.
- Jeans Week! For your new members and mentors, they can wear jeans every day during Pro Bono Week, instead of just Wednesday, October 23.
- Public Recognition on Social Media or Internal News - using your own internal system, recognize your new members and mentors.
- Gift Cards - because everyone enjoys a free something-something.
- Tokens of Appreciations - small gifts that bring smiles to faces. For inspiration, see Baudville, or use our Cheers for Members toolkit, below.
How Attorneys Can Sign Up
- For those ready to make the commitment, they can complete the form below and return to HVL.
How HVL Can Support You
- Breaking Barriers CLE - 1.0 MCLE, 0.50 ethics. This dynamic CLE explores the barriers the low-income community experiences in obtaining and retaining legal services and discusses the ethical practices required by attorneys in providing pro bono services. Click here to sign your firm up for a lunchtime spot in October.
- Personal Pro Bono Coordinator Office Hours. HVL will send its team to host a Personal Pro Bono Coordinator office hour, when HVL staff will answer questions about the Society project, assist new Members with selecting their case, and discuss mentorship options.
- Case Representation Clinic for your Members and/or Potential Members. You select a type of case. HVL conducts detailed nuts-and-bolts CLEs on how to handle the case, host office hours to answer individual questions, provide commonly used templates, and provides dynamic mentorship to ensure your volunteers' success. For potential members, they can choose to make the commitment at the end of the case and that case will count for their first case. See the flyer below for more information on the Case Representation Clinic.
- Public Recognition. We will highlight all of your members on our social media and website.
Social Media Posts
To download, right-click on the image and save as:
Click on the link to open the PDF and you can download to share.