HOUSTON VOLUNTEER LAWYERS PROGRAM COORDINATOR JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Houston Volunteer Lawyers, the non-profit legal aid arm of the Houston Bar Association, is seeking a full-time bilingual (Spanish/English) Program Coordinator.
- Provide overall administrative support for a fast-paced free legal services organization that utilizes volunteer attorneys to provide low-income individuals free legal assistance.
- Interview clients to determine financial eligibility and to identify clients’ legal needs.
- Manage a large volume of data entry.
- Run data reports and analyze data reports to facilitate the delivery of free legal services.
- Communicate with clients, volunteers, and community partners to share information about HVL legal services, to schedule appointments, and to gather documents and signatures.
- Write legal referral summaries and detailed emails to HVL staff, clients and stakeholders.
- Utilize bilingual written and verbal skills to communicate with clients and stakeholders.
- Assist in the planning and executing professional legal trainings.
- Proficiency in Spanish & English & strong bilingual written communication skills
- 4 Year bachelor’s degree, paralegal certificate, or 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent time management skills
- A desire to provide public service
- Ability to creatively problem-solve under pressure
- Proficiency across major software platforms
- Experience working with individuals facing barriers and hardships
- Experience working with individuals in recovery or with individuals with family members impacted by alcohol/ drug use
To Apply: Submit a resume to email@example.com.
You may also apply on Indeed.
Annual Salary and Benefits
The salary range is $35,000 – $42,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include employee and dependent health, vision, and dental insurance; a 401k defined contribution retirement plan with a 5% Employer match; flexible work schedules, professional development training, and growth opportunities.